Waffles

Category: , By panda_eyed



I haven't really had much to blog about lately, so I guess this will be another of my 'start waffling and see where it takes me' posts.

Feathers was talking about quirks on her latest post, and that got me thinking about my own. I wonder if they're actually as weird as they seem to me?

1. I sometimes talk to myself/read things out loud in different accents. It helps me concentrate. My favourites are French, Scottish and Irish, although I've been told that all my accents sound Indian..
2. I named my car (Beepy) and often talk about him as if he were a person. Btw, Beepy passed his MOT with flying colours, so I am quite proud of him :)
3. I have a washing basket, but I tend to dump the dirty laundry on top of, or around, it. And I never get round to doing the laundry until I've actually run out of knickers..
4. I feel the urge to sing whilst having a wee, which has caused me embarrassment before.

I can't think of any more right now, but I'm sure there are more. You might laugh, but :p

Oh, exciting news - I'm going to Hong Kong again in April! This time it's only for a week, which is crazy, what with the jetlag, but I just need a break from London and everyday life. I shall be taking it easy and not making as many excursions as Christmas time, if at all, because I don't need to be more exhausted than before the holiday! I'm so looking forward to a bit of sun. I think HK is in the early 20s deg centigrade at the mo', so yay!

What did you guys do for your mums on Mother's day last weekend? I'd been watching a lot of Masterchef goes large, so I wanted to be Masterchef for the day. I did a 3-course meal, with the help of my sister (until she decided she was tired and went for a nap..). My menu was:

Brunch: Full english breakfast

Dinner
Appetiser: Salmon fishcakes with a homemade tartar sauce*
Main: Papardelle pasta and meatballs with a real tomato sauce
Served with rustic garlic ciabatta and carpaccio of courgette
Dessert: Homemade blueberry cheesecake*




My mum was suitably impressed :) I should hope so too, because I spent about 6 hours in the kitchen! It's hard work being a masterchef, I tell ya! Expensive too - I don't know how, but I managed to spend almost £40 on ingredients. Ouch!

Anyhoo, I'm running out of waffle now, but hope you're all having a good week!
 

8 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 10:57 pm, March 21, 2007
    MMmmm, that is some tasty looking cheesecake. My first car was called Jacqueline. I used to talk to her, and talk about her like she was my girlfriend ;)
  2. PinkPanther 2:35 am, March 22, 2007
    Though you haven’t blog for awhile, but I enjoy reading your “Waffles” so much.
    From your weird (not really at all) things to a laughing song, then came to those yummy food. Oh, Oh, I am really full now.
    Hey, I stole one piece of the blue-cherry cake (my favorite,)he...he....;-p

    You will go to HK again during Easter Holiday? That’s great to relax in another place once per year to energize your energy.  Would you drop by Macau for a walk again?
  3. panda_eyed 10:18 am, March 22, 2007
    Lol Boso, you make me laugh! I'm glad I'm not the only one though! Phew!

    Pinkpanther, aww you're too sweet! You're welcome to the cheesecake - it was quite big, but sooo good! I'll send you the recipe if you fancy making it :)
    I won't have time to go to Macau this trip, as it will only be 6 days in total that I'll have in HK! I think the sunshine will definitely re-energize me though, not to mention all the yummy food :) x
  4. Anonymous 3:50 pm, March 22, 2007
    How fun! Another HK adventure! I must agree with you: cooking can be expensive. Expecially if you've got special cuts of meat/fish, etc. But worth it, no?
  5. panda_eyed 4:31 pm, March 22, 2007
    Definitely worth it, yes! Especially as I don't do it too often anymore. Since I've moved back home, I haven't had much occasion to cook - my mum is too good in the kitchen :) But I do miss it.

    It will be ching ming when I'm in HK - the time of year to pay respects to ancestors and give burial sites a good spring clean. Its been a while sine I've done this, so I'm looking forward to it :)
  6. Anonymous 7:46 pm, March 22, 2007
    Hello! As Boso says that cheesecake sure looks tasty!
    Thanks for my prize(s) which I shall mention in a forthcoming entry, and may even include photos.
    Take care and have a good weekend. xx
  7. panda_eyed 12:49 pm, March 23, 2007
    Hi Flighty! I could eat that cheesecake many times over.. :)
    Glad you liked your prize! Have yourself a good weekend too! x
  8. Olivia 8:33 pm, March 30, 2007
    Oh, I say! RUSTIC ciabatta and CARPACCIO of courgette...LOL I just realised you should go all Italian and call it zucchini :P

    Isn't it funny that you and I are travelling around the same time again, to the same continents as before, and also for a week?

    Have a safe flight there and back - you are probably packing as I type this. See you soon. xxx

Something to say?