CFS news and theatre reviews

Category: , By panda_eyed
Last week was a good week for me, in terms of managing my ME/CFS symptoms and energy levels. I felt almost normal at times, which is quite a big thing for me, considering. If I could only identify what it is that I've been doing differently to cause this change, I could recover from this thing. I've had a couple of sessions of pacing therapy at a CFS clinic, and I wish I could say I understood how to apply it to my everyday life, but so far, it's not proving that easy. I am trying to keep an open mind though, and we'll see how it goes!

Making changes to daily life isn't easy, I understand that, but I encountered someone at the group who is so resistant to making any changes at all that I don't see why they bother to turn up. This person seems to blame everything wrong in their life on ME/CFS, AND tries to encourage others to think the same way. Honestly - scared of the dark? It must be ME. Got a fear of water? ME. I think this person needs life coaching more than pacing therapy. They've already said "My ME is obviously so much worse than everyone elses here. This isn't going to work, and I've already told the Dr so." I wish they'd just take the negativity home with them. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.

In other news, I went here this weekend. I took my dad as a birthday treat. Lionel was brilliant! :D Even my daddy was dancing and singing along! We enjoyed it hugely, and if you ever get the chance to see Mr Richie in concert, go for it! It'll be worth it :)

I went to quite a few shows last month actually, which I still haven't managed to blog about. I think the best of the lot was the very eccentric Blue Man Group, which was both so funny and so much fun. If you've been, you'll understand why - if you haven't, go! I have honestly never seen so much loo roll in one place... A taste of their antics here.

In the runner-up spot, the revival of the comedic play, Boeing Boeing. I suspect it was the big names in here that made the show popular second time around - Michelle Gomez (Green wing), Frances de la Tour and Tamsin Outhwaite, but the show was a hoot from start to finish. I'd recommend not buying balcony seats though - you're so high up that you get neck ache from peering downwards, not to mention vertigo!

Treats - received much publicity recently, starring Billie Piper, Kris Marshall and Laurence Fox. Its had a mixed reception. I thought each actor was brilliant - but when the actors came on stage for their final bow, I thought we were halfway through a scene, and I was waiting for the storyline to emerge! It was all a bit pointless, really. Billie Piper did a crying scene which lasted about five minutes in total - just her sobbing away on stage - it was well-acted, but again, all a bit pointless.

Proof , which played at the Arts theatre for four weeks only, was powerfully emotional and just superb. I'm not sure which came first - the play, or the movie (with Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins & Jake Gyllenhaal), but this was brilliant. I'm not normally a big fan of serious plays, but this one was so brilliantly acted by all involved that it even had me (and half the audience) in tears at one point. I think it's returned to Broadway now, unfortunately! I'm planning on watching the movie next, I wonder if any of you have seen it, and if it was any good?

I'm also going to see Jump tonight! You might remember seeing the Korean martial arts group on the Royal Variety show in December. It has been described as 'A highly entertaining mix of slapstick, gymnastics and martial arts'. I'm quite looking forward to it :) I'll let you know if it's any good!

Hope you're all well! xx
 

9 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 10:22 pm, March 27, 2007
    Good heavens, girl, judging from this entry, I think all the activity has kept your mind entertained and perhaps your ME at bay.
  2. Anonymous 11:03 am, March 28, 2007
    have fun pandy! and I agree with Nikki
  3. panda_eyed 5:26 pm, March 28, 2007
    Nikki, lol, it sounds like a lot, but really, I only saw one a week :) We knows someone who knows someone who gets dsicounted tickets ;) You might be right though!

    *Pandy hugs Jia back* Hello! I did have fun - it was SOOOPER and soooo funny!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOOlQ6tOv6c to see a trailer of what they do
  4. Anonymous 7:11 pm, March 28, 2007
    Hello! It's good to see you sounding, and obviously feeling, a lot better.
    I've not forgotten my promised thank you entry, it's just been delayed!
    Take care. xx
  5. Olivia 8:39 pm, March 30, 2007
    When you are feeling well, it is amazing how busy you keep your social diary. Cramming it in to savour when you're buried under the duvet ;)

    I sort of know someone who blames everything and I mean everything, on PTSD (he was injured in the Bosnia/Serb conflict) in the same way as that person blames ME. My friend, his ex, nearly went bonkers attending his counseling sessions with him.
  6. Anonymous 1:10 am, April 03, 2007
    Hello sweetie, that CFS lady sounds like a total tit, actually she sounds like my mother! LOL If her CFS was worse than anyone's in your group she wouldn't be there she'd be bed-ridden!
    Ooh you ignore that miserable old bag, you'll get through this and get back to normal I wholeheartedly believe it, and I'll be there too! WOOT! :oD See you soon poppet, love and huggles xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  7. PinkPanther 8:28 am, April 09, 2007
    Though a bit later to visit your post, but I hope everythings goes well with U.

    Eagering to read your HK trip and fun photos soon!
  8. panda_eyed 1:29 am, April 24, 2007
    Hey guys, thanks for the comments - sorry I'm so late gettiing back to them, but I value them all :)

    Hope you're all well! xx
  9. Anonymous 1:56 pm, December 08, 2012
    Американская пословица если у девушки много парней она не нужна никому
    !!!

Something to say?