Tag: Eight random things

Category: , By panda_eyed
I've been tagged by Rabbit to tell you 8 random things about me. I remember doing this last year (23 things!), and I had to go back to that post to make sure that I didn't repeat any of them! Hard, but here goes:

1. I have very strong, agile toes. They can lift things that most people's can't. Like a mug of tea, a book, etc..
2. You wouldn't know from my online persona, but I am not a very articulate person in reality. It's only when it comes to writing things down that I have things to say.. I'm actually quite shy and quiet.
3. I won a book-writing competition when I was 6 years old. My book was about a little girl who got lost in a forest. It was fully illustrated, and I still have it somewhere.
4. I am an urban girl, having lived in the London all my life, but I do love growing my own fruit and veg - there's nothing tastier than picking an apple off the tree as you leave for work or watching little seeds grow into courgettes!
5. As a kid, my parents bought me a piano because I could sit down at a keyboard and play back any tune I'd heard, without a single mistake. My fingers just instinctively knew where to go.
6. I do a killer sudoku in the Times everyday, as well as the crossword and codeword. I think it keeps my mind supple and active.
7. I recently lost 16lbs and almost one dress size, just by not snacking! Shows you how much I snacked!
8. I love baking and cooking, but most of all, making desserts. In fact, I bought this book yesterday, and am now off to make profiteroles with a gorgeous chocolate sauce! I might post pics if you're lucky ;)

I am going to be boring and just tag whoever wants to join in - I think a few bloggers have aleady done this tag!

The Rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
 

8 comments so far.

  1. PinkPanther 9:41 am, July 30, 2007
    Pandy, it's fun to do TAGS ;-)
    also let blogger fd knows more about you, rite?

    I do a killer sudoku in the Times everyday, as well as the crossword and codeword....
    I like crossword and codeword too when I was in Jr. & Sr. school and even now! As for Sudoku, um "NO"!
  2. Anonymous 7:00 pm, July 30, 2007
    Well done with 7! I like 4 and 8. xx
  3. Olivia 8:19 pm, July 30, 2007
    Ooh I am braving the blogs, but they take an age to load...

    Yes you are quite shy and quiet, and when we all first met you at the Halloween party we thought we'd scared you off!

    I am impressed by your book about a girl being lost in the forest and like how it contrasts directly with your next point of being an urban girl :P

    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
  4. Anonymous 5:16 pm, July 31, 2007
    Good job on the weight loss!
    Your brain must be quite supple to do those puzzles - I can't ever get beyond the baby sudoku ones.
  5. panda_eyed 11:37 am, August 01, 2007
    Panther, it's fun, yes, but took me aggges to come up with anything! :)
    I am a puzzle geek :p

    Hi Flighty! Thank you! I am rather proud of no. 7! Re no. 8 though, that's a whole other story.. I shall have to blog my profiterole story, hehe..

    Hey Livs! Nice to see you back blogging! Hehe, I remember you saying to me that you never thought I'd be quieter than yourself. You were wrong! Hehe ;) Nothing wrong with being quiet though, I sometimes feel like I see people, really see them when I just listen. Sometimes it's just hard articulating what's in my brain into spoken words. I think that connection is faulty in my brain..

    Hi Nikki! You must be back from holiday? I'll come over and check out your stories later!
    When I was actively trying to lose weight, I'd look at all your yummy kitchen adventures and groan :)
  6. PinkPanther 3:29 am, August 08, 2007
    Hi, Panda_eyed, it's ME again,

    Reading your comment on my blog {8 random facts}, I found we have something in common; e.g. dimples, I am also a quiet & shy lady. ;-)

    Ooops, if there's a chance for us to meet, I wonder we've something to talk? ;-P
  7. Rabbit 6:38 pm, August 16, 2007
    I hope you didn’t mind being tagged. I have never done it before so it was a fun novelty.

    You have super toes... my brother is like that as well.

    I thought I had replied to your post too. So maybe I have left some random post on someone else’s blog by mistake.
  8. Anonymous 11:16 am, December 07, 2010
    I fool be familiar with a only one of the articles on your website trendy, and I definitely like your fashionableness of blogging. I added it to my favorites net page muster and resolve be checking stand behind soon. Divert contain out of order my orientation as well and vindicate me know what you think. Thanks.

Something to say?