The geekiness shining through

Category: , , By panda_eyed
It's been a while since my last post, and I apologise. I haven't not been well, but I have been plagued with tiredness and stress and an overwhelming feeling of not being able to cope. I have less time now, much less time, what with extra responsibilities at work and trying to make the most of my energy outside of work. I just want to live a 'normal' life, you know? And it's hard work for me to do that as well as keep the CFS at bay without getting sick or having 'bad phases'. *Sighs* I guess that's just life though.

Anyway, I went to see the new Harry Potter film on *edit* Friday night, a late showing which ended at midnight. Seeing as I enjoyed the film so much and this was the precise moment at which the final Harry Potter book was being released for sale, I joined the hoards of people queueing outside the bookstores in order to be one of the first to read the book. I know - you don't even have to say it - I am a complete geek! :) And proud of it! So yes, I stood out in the cold for little under one whole hour and got my hands on one of the first 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'. It lies beside me as I type, treasured and just crying out for me to turn to turn more of it pages.

I am half-way through at the moment and determined not to rush through it but instead to savour every word. It is the final instalment after all! From what I've read so far, it is every bit as good as promised - dark, thrilling and stomach-churningly full of suspense and promise. Who dies..? Who dies..? I am dying to find out and, still, don't want to know all at once. Is anyone else spurning the disdainful looks of those who condemn adults reading children's fiction and also reading HP7? It's good, isn't it? :)

To further add to my transformation into the biggest geek in the universe, I have signed up to the GoldenJigsaw.Com. It is a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle in which you have to find pieces by solving the clues. The clues lead to various websites which, in turn, contain the pieces to the puzzles. The first person to solve the puzzle wins US$1,000,000. I have, so far, solved the first clue and got the first 10-pieces of the puzzle*, and I'm really enjoying the challenge! I have always been a sucker for puzzles and clue-solving, and this appeals to my childish, treasure-hunting side :)

So, what has everyone else been upto in the time I've been away? I have to say, I have missed blogging loads. I've missed pouring my heart out onto these pages, I've missed the relief it brings to share stress and worries with friends, and I have, of course, missed your 'company' and kind words :) Please do say hello if you happen to pop by. I hope to blog more often this time around.

Hope you're all well,
Love Pandy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*No, sorry, I won't help you with the clues ;)
 

10 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 6:37 pm, July 22, 2007
    Hello Pandy! I'm glad that you've done an entry as I was beginning to wonder if all was well and you're okay.
    I'm still blogging everywhere, and busy working away digging and weeding my allotment.
    I've not read any of the Harry Potter books, but have seen the first few films which I enjoyed.
    Take care and hugs. xx
  2. Anonymous 7:47 pm, July 22, 2007
    sorry to hear you've been stressed. we all get dry spells on thses things from time to time.
  3. Anonymous 8:28 pm, July 22, 2007
    You're a Harry Potter freak too? lol, I would never have guessed. I can't see what all the fuss is about.

    Good to see you're well, hang in there my dear.
  4. pink jellybaby 9:40 am, July 23, 2007
    have you finished it yet? I can't believe you can put it down! I read it through as quick as i could and i will go for a second read in a few weeks!
    hope you're feeling a bit better than you have been xx
  5. Seema 11:27 am, July 23, 2007
    You banana head! You went to see the film on FRIDAY night and you failed to acknowledge the poor poor friend who also had to wait with you for an hour in the early hours of Saturday morning!!! :oP Take care of yourself poppet and glad to see ya boggin again! xxx
  6. PinkPanther 4:26 am, July 25, 2007
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  7. panda_eyed 12:52 pm, July 25, 2007
    Hello Flighty! I know, I've been slacking off blog duties lately, have been v rubbish :) Ooh, speaking of gardening, I have pictures of the strawberries we planted earlier in the year, although I never got to taste any, because there were so few and they got eaten by insects :| I might post them later on :)
    Hugs back, Mr F :D x

    Hi Sonrisa, thanks for stopping by. These phases come and go, I know, but my ME/CFS doesn't help, as it causes all sorts of other things. Hopefully it'll fizzle out soon.. :) x

    Boso, damn well straight I am, and proud of it, lol! Pick up a HP book and you'll see what the fuss is about, pah! ;) Hope you're good too! x

    Hey PJB, I just finished it last night! It was so good, but I'm surprised at the ending! Now am waiting for everyone to finish so we can talk about it.. not fun! x

    Seema, okay okay, I've edited the post! Tuh! And yes, fanks for waiting with me.. even though you kept complaining ;) Love ya xxx
  8. panda_eyed 12:54 pm, July 25, 2007
    Pink Panther! I'm so sorry, but I had to remove your comment because it sort of gave the ending away!! We might have faced the wrath of those who haven't finished the book yet! :) Thanks for stopping by though, and hope you're well xxx
  9. Rabbit 3:47 pm, July 27, 2007
    Hi Panda,
    I have recently found your blog and been reading past post too. I think the jigsaw idea sounds like fun!

    I read the first 3 Harry Potter Books to my 9 year old cousin when she broke her back wasn’t allowed to move. It got me hooked...

    I hope you don't mind but I was recently tagged on my blog. I like your blog so I hope you don't mind that a random stranger has tagged you :)
    The rules are on my post http://fromdowntherabbithole.blogspot.com/
    You don't have to join in it's just if you'd like too for a bit of fun.
  10. panda_eyed 3:50 pm, July 29, 2007
    Hi Rabbit! Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to know that people are reading my random wafflings ;) I shall definitely have a go at the tag. Thanks for tagging me! :) x

Something to say?