23 things you might not have known

By panda_eyed

Last week, I was tagged by Jia to tell you ‘my age’ in things that you might not have known about me. So after a long while of pondering, here’s goes:

1. I recently discovered that when typing ‘biol’ (as in biology) in Microsoft Outlook, it automatically changes to ‘boil’. This is also the same with ‘Transferrin’ (- transferring) and ‘tuddles’ (- toddles. Is that even a word??).
2. My little car has a name. He is called Beepy and he has a cool personality.
3. I used to go to ballroom dancing classes when I was 7. I can’t remember any of it now.
4. My nickname in primary school was Chun Li (from Street Fighter) because I could beat up all the boys.
5. I can spend £40 a go on hair products and not bat an eyelid.
6. I first started learning Italian because I had a crush on an Italian boy in college. I can speak 6 languages.
7. I have aspirations to write books one day. I have started several and left them unfinished.
8. I went through a phase where I thought coloured contacts were cool and had greenish-brown eyes for a couple of months. I cringe when I look at those pictures.
9. I haven’t been to a hairdresser in 6 years. I cut my own hair – no one ever notices when it’s been cut. I’m never sure if that’s good or bad..
10. I am the most indecisive person on the history of the planet.
11. I would love to go on safari to the Masaai Mara and see all the big cats and animals
12. Most people’s biggest ambitions are to have power and status and make lots of money, but mine are simply to be a great mother one day. I truly think raising children properly is the biggest thing I could ever achieve.
13. I can wiggle my forehead and my ears.
14. I have double-jointed thumbs. I would show you a picture but it might scare you all away.
15. I quite frequently sleep walk. I usually wake up to find the windows wide open, even in winter.
16. I love chillies. I can eat reeeeally hot food and still enjoy it, even when it makes me cry.
17. Quite often, I get mistaken for a ‘halfie’ – that’s half Chinese, half black – because of my jet-black curly afro hair and dark skin. I’m one of very few Chinese girls who have naturally curly hair. I have a teensy little bit of Jamaican blood – perhaps that’s why.
18. I made my TV debut aged 7, as a ‘Green germ’ in Superbods. At the end of the clip, I was dragged off by my feet (having been killed by antibodies)
19. I can’t leave the house without make-up – it is a mixture of vanity and low self-esteem.
20. I am allergic to mangoes and lychees. I also can’t eat coriander, melon, cucumber, aubergine and chive because they make me feel ill.
21. I am a cheap date – a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. I once threw up after 2 drinks. It’s the Chinese genes!
22. I have an affinity with animals. They seem to like me for some reason, especially dogs.
23. I'm possibly the clumsiest person in the UK after Frank Spencer. For example, this lunchtime, I got my bracelet stuck in the zip of the inner pocket inside my bag and couldn't get it out for about 10 mins. I had to ask a colleague for help - I didn't feel silly at all!

So that's me! I tag anyone who wants to join in!

 

11 comments so far.

  1. Olivia 10:40 pm, June 27, 2006
    You doll, I had such a laugh! I did this list on Blogger, but not on 20six.

    As is my habit, do you mind if I answer some points?

    1. You could turn off Autocorrect and when you do spell check, add those words to your dictionary. I feel nerdy for partly knowing what transferrin is.
    Toddlers, um, toddle...did you kick yourself over that?

    2. And do you fill him up at BP?
    Really you are asking for it today...

    5. You should see how fast my cash goes at the big Boots on Oxford Street, when all I went in for was a box of tissues and a tube of lip balm.

    6. Lucky you, I love Italian and Italians, and now I feel naff for having had my first huge crush in high school on an Austrian exchange student.

    7. Do it so that one day you don't have to say, "I regret..." or "what if..."

    13. Me too!

    14. Ditto!

    16. Ditto, again!

    17. African genes are excellent at skipping generations and then popping up when least expected.
    My Greek uncle married a half-white half Jamaican girl and their kids are blue eyed but with her features, and blondish frizzy hair.
    Their kids could be a surprise.

    18. Forgive me, but for a few seconds I did wonder how your feet dragged you...

    19. Ditto, once more.

    20. Huge shame, as all those products are most delicious. If that were my list, I would miss aubergine the least. It is of the deadly nightshade family (with potato and tomato), and this is why before cooking, they should be sliced, salted and pressed under plates for a while to release the juices, otherwise the mild toxin will irritate the tongue (some tomatoes do this to me too).

    21. Poor you. My Japanese friend turns red when she drinks alchohol, but she loves the stuff so just ignores it.

    22. Ditto *rolls eyes*

    23. Now this was a good laugh!
  2. Anonymous 9:28 am, June 28, 2006
    Ooh crikey! I don't think there are 25 things about me to be honest!lol. Liked the read though! Will try to think of 25 things and put them in an entry!
  3. Anonymous 2:06 pm, June 28, 2006
    You forgot to put you have an affinity with bears cos I like you too.
  4. panda_eyed 2:19 pm, June 28, 2006
    Lol Liv!
    1. Doh.. now why didn't I think of that..??
    2. OMG I can't believe I had never made that connection! LOL. I think I should add 'being blonde' to my list..
    18. Sorry - and they call me an editorial assistant..!
    20. I know! Dammit.. I love lychees and mangoes :(
    23. *Blush*..

    Amy, yes please do! I took a while to compile this one, had to get my sis to suggest some!

    Henkie, bless! Why thank you v much little bear, I like you too! Mwah!
  5. Anonymous 3:30 pm, June 28, 2006
    yeahhhhhhhhhhh! You did it...and I posted some pics from today, this morning on my site.

    You know how you wear makeup, I really don't...maybe some concealer and face cream...but thats it
  6. Anonymous 3:34 pm, June 28, 2006
    my nickname in school was Goose...cause my last name is Gosse, drop a S and a o...

    and I dated a Italian from Sicilia and when I speak Italian I sound like I am from Naples...hehe.

    Also I speak Saarlandish not Hoch Deutsch
  7. panda_eyed 3:47 pm, June 28, 2006
    Yeah I did! :D I can't leave the house without at least some eyeliner on - that's my essential item!
    Gee kids are so original with their nicknames huh? :) and I have no idea the difference between accents in Italian, I can just about understand the basics!
  8. Anonymous 3:56 pm, June 28, 2006
    This post was great! I loved it, it would take me forever to do the same but maybe when I get some time I'll try and do one. I'm moving so slowly this week time is whizzing by without me. I did like reading your blog though, you are very interesting indeed! :oD xxxx
  9. panda_eyed 4:03 pm, June 28, 2006
    Fanks Diva babe! I'm not sure about interesting - random, maybe! I do hope you are feeling much muchly better soon, mwaaaah!
  10. Anonymous 4:44 pm, June 28, 2006
    its very Nasal..the C sounds like a Sh...like shiao (ciao)
  11. Anonymous 11:39 pm, July 21, 2006
    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
    » »

Something to say?