Pandy reviews her weekend

Category: By panda_eyed
I'm loving Lemar's new album The Truth about Love. There's something about his voice that sends shivers down my spine. I've loved him since Fame Academy, and even went to see the live show afterwards, just for him - is that sad? He was amazing though - the air was zinging with emotion. So on Sunday, when I saw an ad for his concert at the Hammersmith Apollo in April - how could I not buy tickets?! Yes, I have £11.37 left in my bank account, and £2.56 left in my purse. Still, pay day is on Thursday, and you're only young once..

Went to see the play Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks at the Theatre Royal on Haymarket, starring Billy Zane and Claire Bloom, on Saturday. Billy Zane plays a gay dance instructor, Clair Bloom, the student. It does what it says on the packet. It was a bit slow at first, but I enjoyed seeing the unlikely friendship develop between the two characters, and finding out the events that caused them to become who they are. I had a tear in my eye at one point, but that might have been because I had PMT. Never trust the reviews of a premenstrual girl. I think it was good.. :) No, it was, but it wasn't the best thing I've seen. [Girly aside]: Billy Zane was hot in Titanic - How has he lost all his hair already?! He plays a gay man rather well - Kelly Brook ought to watch out..

HK diner for dinner afterwards. The food is usually good in there, but I didn't rate the microwave-heated, greasy mulch on my plate this time around. They had us in and out within 25 minutes, what does that say to you, when we spent 10 minutes ordering? After snatching the plates from us and slapping down a bill before we'd even finished chewing, the waiters had the cheek to say "What are they still waiting for?". If you want a relaxed dinner with good freshly cooked food, where the staff have good manners, avoid this place.

Last night, spent one hour, forty minutes battling London traffic to get into central London to see Donkey's Years at the Comedy theatre, this time. Well worth it. 25 years after graduation, some friends return for a reunion dinner, with hilarious consequences. David Haig, better known for playing Inspector Grim in The Thin Blue Line (remember that..?) was brilliant as Christopher Headingley, and Karl Theobald (best known as Martin Dear in Green Wing) brought his special brand of spot-on awkwardness. This was rather clever slapstick at its best, and I definitely recommend it. It made Pandy laugh, and that's not an easy feat!

What else? That's about it, I think. I had 2 days off and I'm back at work, or rather, working from home reluctantly today. I had a week of respite from ME symptoms, but they are back again, and I'm back to being tired, grumpy, achy, weak, twitchy. Still, it was a great week..
 

9 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 2:53 pm, November 29, 2006
    OH! I LOVE Lemar! I want to marry him and then he can sing to me...or maybe not. I must buy his album as his voice does send shivers down my spine it is that beautiful and soulful. (I am SO cheesy!)
  2. panda_eyed 3:01 pm, November 29, 2006
    Ames, me too, I'm hoping he'll look down on me in his audience and we'll fall in love and have beautiful babies *sighs*
    Shall I send you a copy of the CD?
  3. Anonymous 3:19 pm, November 29, 2006
    Ooh you would have beautiful babies, definitely.

    Ooh that would be fab sweet pea! Thank you!xx
  4. Anonymous 9:54 pm, November 29, 2006
    Lemar is BRILLIANT !!

    *If there's any justice in the world......
  5. michelle 2:08 am, November 30, 2006
    go here

    http://us.cyworld.com/jiali

    pics from school on here
  6. panda_eyed 10:15 am, November 30, 2006
    Ames, no problem! And yes, our babies would be adorable - can you imagine the curls? Hehe.. Now I just gotta convince Lemar.. :)

    Boso, hell yeah! :D Yay I found another fan!

    Jia, thanks for the link. I'll be by!
  7. Anonymous 3:02 pm, November 30, 2006
    I'm sure he'll be convonced starigh away gorgeous! I was gonna say about the curls..oh the cuteness!
  8. panda_eyed 5:18 pm, November 30, 2006
    Lol Ames, speed-typing again? You're just too sweet, you know that?! xx
  9. Anonymous 10:04 pm, November 30, 2006
    Oh good lord!I really should re read what I've written before I post! You knew what I meant right? ;)

    You're an absolute doll honey.I'm not always so sweet unfortunately. Can't wait to go out with you for our Christmas meal!xx

Something to say?