Some whinging, some gossip, some weekend plans

By panda_eyed
First of all, anyone who doesn't want to hear about all my ills, skip to the blue paragraph for celebrity gossip..

Following last time's unshaven leg embarrassment at the hospital, I remembered to wax this time, for Monday's rheumatology consultation. Did they examine my legs? They did not. Sod's law. The outcome of this appointment? I don't have arthritis, rheumatism, glandular fever etc. So something else is causing these symptoms. They took more blood - might as well stick a canulla in there, they take it so often..

I went to my GP again on Tuesday morning, for my (still) sore throat. It's been 6/7 weeks running now, and the 10 day course of antibiotic's only made my wee smell icky but did nothing else. He told me (again) that there was nothing he could do for me, and did I have any ideas? I said if I did, I wouldn't need to come to him. Twat.

He eventually told me I possibly have CFS/ME. They've ruled out pretty much everything else. I've been referred to the chronic fatigue clinic and will do a course of hydrotherapy to see if that helps the muscle and joint pains. So a diagnosis at last. I'm not sure how I feel.

Ever since I read the list of ME symptoms, I've kinda known it was this. I guess I was still hoping that it was a little-known virus and that a simple course of the right antibiotic would cure me of it once and for all. Now though, I have to deal with the possibility that I might have to live with this for years, if not a whole lifetime. One thing I am glad of is that my symptoms seem to be mild, compared to what they could be. That's still not much consolation when I feel this exhausted and achy all the time. I'm tired of being tired.

Work have been very good though - I've been told I can work from home whenever I need to, and they've taken away some of my more admin-related responsibilities so that I can concentrate on editing. As Amy would say - Woot!! No more sending demeaning template emails and commissioning! Yay! I can't say that everyone's happy about that - especially the people given the extra tasks. Still, am am senior now, y'know ;) Hehe..

Anyway, I've been trying to think positively and not let this diagnosis bother me too much. I'm hoping that if I keep my body and brain active, maybe this will eventually disappear. It's easier said than done though, when you feel so exhausted inside and out. I'm going to stop talking about this now - I'm boring myself, nevermind you guys.

Yesterday, the company treated us to a team outing at the icerink, everything paid for, wasn't that generous? Guess who we saw there? Only Duncan from the Boyband Blue report that he didn't look as fit as he normally does, but then again, he was in baggy. I'm sorry to sports clothes and a cap. I suspect he was practicing for the show Dancing on Ice. You heard it here first! There was a funny moment when he fell on his backside, but generally he was quite good. I was surprised. As always though, with members of boybands, he always kept one eye on us laydees. I'd have him - but first we'd need to get him out of those baggy clothes. I'm sure he's got quite a body under there..

Guess who else fell ass-over-tit on the ice? No, not me (surprisingly) - my boss! There was a lot of choked-back sniggering at that point - no one wanted to openly laugh. I, on the other hand, can't control my facial expressions very well.

Pandy is going on a road trip this weekend! Admittedly, it is only the 120 miles to Birmingham but it will be Beepy's (that's my little car) first long trip. I feel okay about driving up there, but Beepy - well, he's just a little scared. He's trembling in his little tyres, the poor mite.. You see, he's not that confident at motorways, he's only a lickle bubby. The furthest he's been is London town, a mere 20 miles away.

But Beepy and Pandy are going up to Brum to stay with their friend and her family for Diwali - how cool is that? We are very excited. It'll be lots of yummy authentic food and spending time with good friends. Lets just hope Beepy keeps his nerve whilst driving up there, the silly thing :)

I probably won't be able to blog again until next week, so have yourselves a lovely weekend, and think of poor scared Beepy lots. We'll be thinking of you! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 

13 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 4:20 pm, October 19, 2006
    CFS/ME - wow. As you'd suspected for some time now. It'll be interesting to see how your body reacts to the hydrotherapy. Meantime, have a great roadtrip and tell lil' Beepy: chin up!
  2. Anonymous 4:39 pm, October 19, 2006
    Aww you used my word! You're so cute! You have the right attitude honey and that's very cool about work! Woot! ;)

    Hmm never keen on Duncan..I always liked Simon and in his music video (I can't remember what it's called..the one with him in a white suit?) he looked F-I-N-E!

    Have a fun road trip and see you next week! Woot!
  3. Anonymous 7:15 pm, October 19, 2006
    Have a good weekend!
  4. michelle 7:52 pm, October 19, 2006
    have fun, and lets see a pic of old beepy
  5. Anonymous 8:35 pm, October 19, 2006
    Oh dear. My nephew actulayy got diagnosed with ME a few months ago, he's 15. However, he's a lot better now, and I think it's all behind him. I hope it all turns out OK, and you end up feeling better.
  6. Olivia 9:36 pm, October 19, 2006
    Well, I am looking forward to positive results from the hydrotherapy.

    I can imagine how fed up you are - I mean you already get fed up of the 2-3 weeks of flu!

    I can't control my facial expressions very well either. People read me like a book. I told this to Amy not so long ago.

    So, Beepy is going brum brum up to Brum! Haha.

    Have fun enjoying all the Indian goodies!
  7. panda_eyed 10:46 am, October 20, 2006
    Nikki, thanks, I'll tell him :)
    I'm hoping my hydrotherapist is a young, sexy male with a toned-body. Knowing my luck, it'll be a butch scary woman..

    Amylou, fanks.. Woot! Simon is certainly the finest in that group, but I didn't like the dreadlocks. He's much sexier now.. rroaw! :D

    Flightmeister, I certainly intend to! You too, birthday boy!

    JL, I'll post one soon. You may have to wait until I have time to give poor Beepy a washdown - he likes to be sparkly and shiny in his pictures, he's very vain.. :)

    Boso, I'm glad your nephew is much better. What did he do to get over it? I've heard a few success stories, but it never sounds easy. Good for him!

    Livvy, me too - see my reply Nikki's comment :)
    Yes, Beepy is going to Brum, lol. We're looking forward to eating lots of yummy food this weekend :D My fave activity.. Have a good one Livvy x
  8. pink jellybaby 2:31 pm, October 20, 2006
    oh i hope you have a lovely time!!

    i guess it's good to finally have a diagnosis? at least you can start about doing some things to make you feel a bit better now
    xxx
  9. Anonymous 3:28 pm, October 20, 2006
    About bloody time that doctor of yours pulled his socks up and sent you to a CFS clinic (I wish we had one around here)! Don't you worry too much about it honey, stress makes it worse. You know I have ME/CFS and it doesn't have to consume you if you pay it a little respect, you can still do what you want and be bouncy! ;o)
    Ooh before I forget, I have been trying to email you for the past three days and my Outlook Express here is playing silly buggers, did you get my AOL email? Because I'll send it via that if you did. I'll be at Nagnagnag's next week so I'll be back on Outlook again then and back to normal ;o)

    Lots of huggles for you and sweet Beeby! G'waaan Beeby, you can do it little fella! :o) *BIG HUGS* xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
  10. Olivia 8:21 pm, October 20, 2006
    Pandy - not THAT kind of positive result, silly goose :P Would be a bonus though, wouldn't it? Mind you, we don't want you getting all flustered when you should be calm!
    xxx

    Ooh hello Diva and Baby Diva!
  11. michelle 12:57 pm, October 21, 2006
    ooh, go to my ol blog

    jvlog.blogspot

    I posted party pics
  12. Anonymous 4:10 am, October 24, 2006
    I hope you had a fantastic weekend honey.
    I am happy to hear the Dr. is finally getting his butt in gear and is taking steps to have you taken care of.
    Big hugs to you ((( )))
    Oh and I've tagged you (see my blog for details) :o)

    LOL at cute Diva and baby Diva ;o)
  13. panda_eyed 10:23 am, October 24, 2006
    Buttons, thanks, I did! Although I may have put on some weight because I ate so much! :)
    It is good to have a name to put to this at last. Stops me and others thinking I'm just a hypochondriac, I guess.

    Diva & Baby D, hehe, aren't you the cutest? I did indeed get your email, I'll mail you back today, promise, I have been crazy busy. Now I'm confused as to where to send it though.. all three? :)

    With the ME, I've been feeling so awful these past few days, I just wish I could take a pill and have it all go away. My doctor is talking about antidepressants, but that's a bit extreme, considering I haven't tried anything else yet, don't you think? *sighs*

    And yayy! Beepy made it to Brum and back! Yayy Beepy!! Hehehe..

    Livvy, I would rather have a yummy instructor and be flustered :D hehe..

    JL, I'll be over in a tick! Cheers for letting me know! :)

    Youngmummy, I did indeedy and I hope you did too! The food! Oh the food.. teehee.. Thanks for the hugs, they were cosy! :D Ooh.. I wonder what I've been tagged with? *Runs over*

Something to say?