Engrish* in Taiwan

By panda_eyed
Hi All, I haven't been very well lately and so I've been a bit neglectful of the blog and all you smashing bloggers, so sorry! I've been at home, sleeping a great deal and watching lots of crap TV, so you'll forgive me for not having much to blog about. I thought I'd post some funny photos that I took in Taiwan last Christmas. They tickled me a great deal!

A shoe shop
Kiss them, dammit, what you waitin' for??

A signpost in Taiwan's national park
Better than watching paint dry, anyday.

Another shoe shop -
Sod hoes! Steady on..

The design on a packet of lobster crackers -
It reads 'Lobster with big eyes' (- ?!!)

And last but not least, a dessert menu in a cafe -
You can choose from one ball or tow ball - or - Screw icecream! Have a muffing!

LOL! Later potater xx

*Engrish can be simply defined as the humorous English mistakes that appear in oriental advertising and product design (definition by Engrish.com)
 

14 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 8:56 pm, October 04, 2006
    And you know, you probably weren't even look very hard! Great pics, Pandy!
  2. Olivia 10:18 pm, October 04, 2006
    Wee hee! I haven't been to Engrish.com in ages. Used to spend hours giggring over it.

    *more tuddles*
  3. Olivia 10:19 pm, October 04, 2006
    ...and raughing, even.
  4. Anonymous 10:19 pm, October 04, 2006
    Sorry to hear that you've not been feeling to well. I hope that you get better soon. Stop by Henk's, if you haven't already, and have a look at his birthday video which will cheer you up no end.
    These photos are very smiley!
  5. michelle 1:01 am, October 05, 2006
    hehe, reminds me of when I was in China
  6. pink jellybaby 9:53 am, October 05, 2006
    engrish makes me laugh.... but it's kinda cute
  7. Anonymous 12:18 pm, October 05, 2006
    I am not going to eat at that place where the lobster has big eyes. They will all be staring at me!. Hope your feeling better chick. Totally understand you being a sleepy pop.. take care lovely. x
  8. panda_eyed 2:16 pm, October 05, 2006
    Nikki, you're right, I didn't! I have lots more actually - silly things like 'Wanko' the boutique. The things I didn't get pics of were 'Bonky Parking' carpark and 'Fuk mi' Noodles! :D

    Lol Livvy, me too! There are some serious giggles on that site! Thanks for the tuddles lovely. Hope you're well!

    Hi Flighty, I do feel a lot better today, thanks! I'll pop by Henk's in a sec, our little bday boy! :)

    JL, I'm going to Hong Kong this xmas - I'm sure I'll get more classic photos then!

    Hello Buttons! I get no end of Engrish amusement in the far east. These photos cheered me up, glad they made you smile too!

    Sunny, the lobster crackers were quite yummy actually, lol, but I know what you mean. Prawns have the same habit too.. Hope your foot is healing well xx
  9. Anonymous 8:51 pm, October 05, 2006
    That is a damn cool shoe shop..I want!
  10. Olivia 9:00 pm, October 05, 2006
    Amy, stop with the shoes already, gee!
  11. Anonymous 9:06 pm, October 05, 2006
    Amy, which one - 'Sod Hoes' or 'Kiss me shoes'? :) Where have you gone btw? I lost you again.. :|

    Livvy, hehe..
  12. Anonymous 9:02 am, October 06, 2006
    Livvy you know I love me shoes! ;)

    Pandy I have gone again..am temporarily over on 20six but think I'll be deleting that one soon too. And it's the 'kiss me shoes' one I want!xx
  13. Anonymous 9:57 pm, October 07, 2006
    Amy, don't go! *sobs*
  14. Anonymous 9:35 pm, October 09, 2006
    Aww my darling Pandy! You'll actually get to meet me in person soon..ya lucky thing!lol.xx

Something to say?