The secret life of a bag

By panda_eyed
Just fulfilling my 'tag' obligation for Olivia - Mine is a soft leather Kathy van Zeeland bag that I picked up a few weeks ago as a treat for myself. The things I never travel without- Oyster, purse and phone are obvious, but you can also see that I never go anywhere without make-up and mirror, tissues, my little Rio MP3 player, my diary, and a whole heap of painkillers and meds! I'm a useful person to have around if you have aches and pains/sore throat/a make-up emergency/a sudden desire to listen to some R'n'B/soul :)

There's usually lots of old receipts and random bits and pieces rattling around in there too. I found a lighter, and I don't even smoke! There was also a smooth pebble that I must have picked up in Brighton, a prettily packaged wet-wipe from a restaurant, some ear rings I took off last week, a hairband, and the usual bits of fluff. I could never be one of those girls who has one of those teeny-weeny bags..

I always wonder how men do it, carry around nothing but a wallet and a phone.

In other stories, I managed to submit my two references by Friday. My uni personal tutor did it in about half an hour, so I have to wonder how good it was. I've done all I can now, so fingers crossed. I'm so anxious that it feels like someone tied a knot in my tummy.

Has everyone met my newly adopted hamster? His name is Biscuit, and he lives at the bottom of my sidebar :) Yes, he's a virtual pet, but he is rather cute. If you click on him, he will run on the wheel for you. He's very curious and follows the mouse intently. You can feed him by clicking on 'more'. Hope you all had a good weekend!
 

21 comments so far.

  1. michelle 11:30 pm, September 10, 2006
    ur purse is too cute, now I want one...I really like it...maybe I will treat myself later...
    =)

    Biscut is cutee
  2. panda_eyed 11:36 pm, September 10, 2006
    Thanks Jia, I loved it upon seeing it :) More bags here!
    I like that Biscuit is low-maintenance, and he won't get sick..
  3. michelle 12:01 am, September 11, 2006
    yeah...
    and I took someone down smackdown style at the BBQ, this lil 115 pound girl kicked this 170 pound guy down...wooooooooooooooooooooooo

    girl power
  4. michelle 12:01 am, September 11, 2006
    and I like Kathy's bags
  5. michelle 12:02 am, September 11, 2006
    ooh and check out my style diary on my blog
  6. Anonymous 12:24 am, September 11, 2006
    Tis a fab bag, very nice!
    I also wonder how men do it, myself, I just carry a bag, keys alone are enough to ruin denim pockets, so a bag is always handy. I don't have the female knack for fitting things in though!
  7. Anonymous 4:56 am, September 11, 2006
    Awww, your new pet is adorable. I love him.
    I want one *sulks* ;o)
    Also, great bag. You sound like a great girl to have around in any emergency :o)
    Hope all is well honey
    xo
  8. Anonymous 8:55 am, September 11, 2006
    Fingers, and everthing else, crossed for uni!
    I've met, played with and fed Biscuit!
    Have a good week.
  9. Anonymous 2:55 pm, September 11, 2006
    Anything that doesn't fit into your pockets, doesn't need to be carried around. End of.
  10. panda_eyed 3:19 pm, September 11, 2006
    Lol Jia, girl power indeed! I'll be careful not to cross you.. :)

    Why, thank you Pieces! Ah'm sure me and Livvy can teach you a thing or two about packing a bag :) What's yours like? I tag you!

    Lol Youngmummy, you can have one too - just click on the link and adopt your own.
    I like to think so - espesh if your emergency is pain-related. I carry 3 types of painkiller you know!

    Thanks Flighty! I've got cramp in mine, they've been crossed so long! ;) Makes it hard to type!

    Lol Boso. We'll see if you still hold the same opinion once your bubby is born! :)
  11. Anonymous 5:18 pm, September 11, 2006
    Ooh, that's a lovely bag. Damn - another thing to add to the wish list ;)
  12. Anonymous 5:38 pm, September 11, 2006
    Nice Biscuit - and he won't get sick! Wow, a low maintenance pet!
  13. Anonymous 9:48 pm, September 11, 2006
    your so organised.. wow
  14. Anonymous 9:49 pm, September 11, 2006
    Pretty bag!

    I like your virtual pet..have you tried overfeeding it? Do I need to spend more time doing something constructive?!!
  15. Olivia 10:59 pm, September 11, 2006
    what a pretty handbag you have, and after you said "soft leather" i liked it even more, and the colour is great!

    You've just reminded me that I used to keep first aid type things on hand when I was younger, I wonder why I stopped...

    nite nite
  16. Anonymous 10:46 am, September 12, 2006
    oh and having medication is always good.
  17. panda_eyed 1:02 pm, September 12, 2006
    Katja, I fell in love at first sight with it. My wish list is very long, but I can't afford half the stuff on there, neither do I need it. It's all good though :)

    Nikki - precisely! And he's a cutie!

    Sunny - really? I didn't think so. I'm forever losing things in there. I know it's there, but can't locate it, you know?

    Amelie, lol, I never thought about that, but you can try! I wonder if it will run itself to death..? :)

    Livvy, thanks! I just remembered that on a work day, there's usually an umbrella, a small bottle of water, my lunch box/sandwich, and a book for the train.
    I have no idea how I get the zip closed sometimes. Proper Mary Poppins-style!

    Sunny, definetely. I always have random aches and pains, so I couldn't live without it!
  18. Anonymous 4:27 pm, September 12, 2006
    Super bag and contents Miss Pandy :o) I had fun feeding Biscuit, he's so cute! I think I overfed him a bit though, he wouldn’t take the second strawberry. He ate it eventually and then went for a run :o) xxxxxxx
  19. Anonymous 4:29 pm, September 12, 2006
    Hey that last comment was me but something went all wrong.... hmmmmm....tis a mystery... xxxx
  20. Anonymous 8:21 pm, September 12, 2006
    I like your hamster, he doesn't bite or anything at all. He makes me giggle when he eats his strawberries. He's nice.
  21. panda_eyed 4:56 pm, September 13, 2006
    Thanks Hamster Whisperer! :) You proved Amy's theory then!
    Biscuit knows to run off too many strawberries ;)

    Henk! Biscuit told me he likes you too! He thinks you'll be great friends!

Something to say?