Panda in a bit of a mood

By panda_eyed
I must have PMT because I am incredibly tetchy today. Someone just leant over my desk to talk to the person opposite me on the other side of the divider, and squashed my papers with her big-arse flabby stomach in the process. Is it me, or is that incredibly rude? Walk around, you lazy biffer! See what I mean? I'm being a horrible b*tch and I don't even care.

It doesn't help that my aches and pains have reappeared today - they disappeared when I went to see the consultant rheumatologist on Friday, and decide to return afterwards. Typical.

The rheumatologist surprised me. He was small pudgy man with limp, doughy and slightly clammy hands, and throughout the examination, I wanted to giggle. It was like being examined by a lump of unbaked dough. Of course, he was watching my face for signs of pain, so I tried to keep a straight face as much as possible. He found some inflammation in the lining of my patella but not much else. I had a chest x-ray to check for infection and I need to go back later in the week to have more blood taken for tests :( 8 vials! They'd better give me a cup of tea and a biscuit. Humph.
 

16 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 10:57 pm, August 21, 2006
    Ouch! Sorry you are having some discomfort. Symtoms have a way of hiding themselves when taken to an expert - whether that's the mechanic or a doctor! Hope you get some good diagnosis soon...
  2. Olivia 11:06 pm, August 21, 2006
    Cars never make the clunking noise when you take them to the garage, either.
    Yes, I have compared you to a car. How bout that then?

    Good lord, how can a doctor who touches people have such nasty hands? No wonder he has such a crap handshake.

    Oooh, 'eck...8 vials of blood. That's like 2 cuppas-worth, tell them you deserve that much and two biccies. AND a Lolly.

    Oh, and your rolling panda is absolutely ADORABLE! Squeeee!
  3. panda_eyed 10:06 am, August 22, 2006
    Lol Nikki and Liv, if you're comparing me to cars, I'd better be a sexy car! :) Thanks, Nikki, maybe I need my oil changing ;)

    Liv, 2 biccies, a lolly, some tea and some chocolate - seeing I am a thalassaemic, I think they owe me that much. Rolly-pollie pandy is the cutest! :D
  4. Anonymous 12:39 pm, August 22, 2006
    Biffer.. LMAO... *leans over and squashes papers* *runs and hids quick* *looks up over divider at Panda* *puts hand over mouth and stiffles a giggle*
  5. Anonymous 12:40 pm, August 22, 2006
    *passes chocolate lolly through the gap* *runs*
  6. panda_eyed 1:04 pm, August 22, 2006
    *looks sternly at Sunshine*
    .
    *Accepts chocolate lolly*
    .
    *Grins* :D
  7. Anonymous 2:46 pm, August 22, 2006
    LOL!!! Your description of your work friend made me giggle.
    Here's a big hug *hugs Panda* to help you feel better.
    Oh and Mylozmom is having her baby today.... YAY!!!!!!! I am soooo excited I am nearly bursting at the seams!!!!!
  8. panda_eyed 3:36 pm, August 22, 2006
    Yaay! I'm excited too! I hope she does good and has minimal pain (eek!). Keep us updated YM!
  9. Anonymous 5:06 pm, August 22, 2006
    hey there panda..hope u get better soon..both physically and emotionally..:-) aye..thats a bit of blood they r gonna draw out of u!:-)
  10. panda_eyed 5:15 pm, August 22, 2006
    Thanks sppadic.. If I pass out, at least it'll make a funny story eh? :( Not looking forward to it!
  11. Olivia 10:49 pm, August 22, 2006
    Oooh...which curvaceous car would you like to be?
  12. Anonymous 2:53 pm, August 23, 2006
    Clammy hands and made of dough! Wow, the mental picture I have provided you is of the pilsbury dough boy mixed with one of the Be-ro flour men! lol Can you remember them, little guys with bowler hats like a little Mr Ben. (My age is showing! lol Can you remember him too!)
    Hopethe tests are all ok Panda. My daughter has to have her blood taken regularly and hates it so much but you would never think she cared once they hand over a lolly or two for her troubles. Perhaps you could ask them to throw in a lolly with the tea and biscuits.
  13. Anonymous 2:57 pm, August 23, 2006
    oh yes Arty can vouch for my lollies.. hehe
  14. panda_eyed 4:27 pm, August 23, 2006
    Livvy, I gotta say, I don't really care for sexy sports cars with huge engines, but if I had to choose..
    Toyota Italdesign Volta
  15. panda_eyed 4:45 pm, August 23, 2006
    It combines the sexy body of an Italian car with the reliability and technology of a japanese one. Plus it's a more friendly hybrid engine, AND it's red and shiny :D lol

    Hey Feather, I remember the Pillsbury dough boy, but not the flour men. He was rather like the dough boy though! I had blood taken today, and he had lied - they took 11 vials!! :( I didn't even get a biscuit, Feather! I think you should go sort them out for me.. :)

    Why Sunny, it was delicious :D I have just bought a huuuuge bar of chocolate to console myself and to replace the blood, lol. Any excuse!
  16. Olivia 9:06 pm, August 24, 2006
    Pandy - Aha! Italian design, it wins hands down every time. Good taste, girl.

    Sunny - your lollies? How rude!

    Feathers - I remember Mr Ben *ahem*

Something to say?