For baby Hannah

By panda_eyed
I have a few posts to blog, with pictures, but today, I think the birth of little Hannah takes precedence. Congrats to Mylozmom and hubby on their new little girl!

After looking at Flighty's blog, and the lovely poem he posted for Hannah, I was reminded of a poem I wrote a good few years ago. It would have been appropriate had I posted it before the birth, but nevermind, today I dedicate this to little Hannah:

Little bundle

Warm, cosy, muffled sounds
Soft walls, completely surround
This snug little place is your protection
’Til you’re ready to proceed in our direction

I am your cocoon while you grow
Providing shelter and warmth ‘til you’re ready to show
Inside my body, you lay in a curl
I’m proud to be your vessel into this world
I imagine your features, perfectly formed
I’m your safety, keeping you warm

Into my life, you were injected
Better than anything ever expected
But little bundle of cells, you’re my bundle of joy
Can’t wait ‘til you become a little girl or a boy
I can hear your heart beat, fast yet steady
I have begun to love you already
You’re a miracle from heaven that’s been sent down to me
I promise to protect, cherish, and love you for eternity
 

8 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 3:08 pm, August 25, 2006
    That's a lovely entry and poem Panda.
    Thanks for the mention.
    Have a really enjoyable long weekend.
  2. panda_eyed 4:38 pm, August 25, 2006
    Thanks Flighty, you have a good one too :)
  3. Anonymous 2:46 pm, August 29, 2006
    I don't know how I managed to miss this post ... but anyways, it is just fantastic. Mylozmom will LOVE it.
    Your too sweet Panda xo
  4. Anonymous 5:08 pm, August 29, 2006
    Beautiful poem, Panda. You have quite the talent :-)
  5. Olivia 10:14 pm, August 29, 2006
    Gosh, you were so young when you wrote this, how did you get it right?
  6. panda_eyed 9:58 am, August 30, 2006
    Hi YummyMummy, thank you! I do hope MM likes it! :)

    Thanks Nikki, it's silly stuff really *blushes*

    Livvy, between the ages of 18-20, I wrote a lot of stuff, but not all of it great. I haven't written a thing in years, I don't know where it all disappeared to.
  7. Anonymous 11:58 pm, September 12, 2006
    Oh sweetie!!! How did I ever miss this? Thank you sooooo much for the beutiful poem and the kind thoughts. I have saved this too (along with flighty's) for her baby albumn. Please do forgive my tardiness. I've had a bit going on and I'm sure you understand but it is no excuse. Thanks again for the smile and the peom!!!
  8. panda_eyed 4:59 pm, September 13, 2006
    Hey new mummy! I'm glad you liked it, and I'm proud to be included in Hannah's album, thanks!
    And it's perfectly understandable that you're busy nowadays, don't apologise! I hope all is well, and I send you and Hannah plenty of warm huggles!

Something to say?