Management *edited*

By panda_eyed

At work, I have a manager only 3 years older than me – here, you get promoted according to how long you’ve been working for the company, it seems. I had my appraisal meeting yesterday. Normally, they are long, boring, officious meetings, full of managerial type talk (i.e. bull****), but yesterday’s appraisal was actually rather fun.

We spent the majority of the time complaining about the company and the job, and it lead to some surprising revelations. I feel a bit better about this job now that I know there is someone who feels the same.

I think the whole meeting can be nicely summed up by this:

Manager: *looks up at ceiling, inspects all the walls* “God, I really hope this room isn’t bugged”.

It makes a nice change to have some fun at work!

*edit* 10/08/06: Oh my goodness - I've just been promoted - how ironic is that??
 

11 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 7:14 pm, August 09, 2006
    Glad your feeling better honey. Sounds like my kind of meeting!
    xo
  2. michelle 1:57 pm, August 10, 2006
    its does! Promotion? yahhhhhh panda
  3. panda_eyed 2:28 pm, August 10, 2006
    Youngmum, thanks! It was interesting to say the least :)

    Jia - yayy! :)
  4. Olivia 4:38 pm, August 10, 2006
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    Mwah! Mwah!

    I guess the room wasn't bugged :P
  5. panda_eyed 4:57 pm, August 10, 2006
    Thanks! Mwah! I guess not!
    Aren't you working today? Hows the posh place?
  6. Anonymous 5:36 pm, August 10, 2006
    CONGRATULATIONS FROM ME TOO! :oD That's fab news! Hurray for panda! *does a Henkie happy dance* :o) xxxxxxxxxx
  7. Seema 6:11 pm, August 10, 2006
    CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!! Well done Pandy! You deserved it a long time ago, shame those blind bats never realised eh?! Lets go celebrate! :ox
  8. Anonymous 10:09 pm, August 10, 2006
    Congratulations !! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO
  9. Anonymous 10:42 pm, August 10, 2006
    Well done! Will you celebrate it?
  10. panda_eyed 12:48 pm, August 11, 2006
    *Joins Diva in Henkie happy dance* Thanks Diva! :o) xxxxxxxxx

    Seema, I'm not sure I should do anymore celebrating for a while, but thanks! Bleurgh..

    Boso, Yayy! Fankyoo! Woohoo!

    Thanks Flighty! I did celebrate it, and am suffering for it today!
  11. Olivia 1:26 pm, August 13, 2006
    Aren't I working? What posh place? Oh, the venture capital place - it was a one day assignment!

    As you may find out later, I had a meeting re: a possible audiotyping contract in the City.

Something to say?