Bleurgh

By panda_eyed

Morning all. I’m feeling a bit delicate this morning. I had rather a lot to drink last night at the office summer party and celebrating being promoted. We were in the Soho Lounge and everything was kindly paid for by the company in a one-off act of generosity, including entry, nibbles and £2500 behind the bar, which meant that I didn’t pay for a thing.

Despite feeling a bit queasy this morning, I am strangely craving all sorts of food – spicy chicken burger, noodles with lots of chilli sauce, pizza, Thai green curry and meat in general. I don’t think I’d feel all that great if I ingested any of these, but it doesn’t stop me craving them. Bleurgh.

More office secret were divulged last night – mostly idle gossip, such as crushes, but also some interesting hostilities between colleagues. It’s interesting to see the ‘real’ side of someone, after the alcohol causes their mask to slip off, and you can really see the ugly, venomous side of their personality emerging. Sometimes it takes that side-effect of alcohol to make you really see that person for what they are.

Anyhoo, I’d better at least try and get some work done today. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I look forward to hearing about them! xx

 

14 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 1:12 pm, August 11, 2006
    oooooo i've been to the Soho Lounge.... it's a bit mad in there! we stole the twizzly spoons...
  2. panda_eyed 3:10 pm, August 11, 2006
    Ooh, I didn't see any of them. Perhaps it was because people kept stealing them? :)
  3. Anonymous 3:26 pm, August 11, 2006
    Oooh! Feel better soon, Panday one! Sounds like fun was had though :)
  4. Anonymous 5:04 am, August 12, 2006
    My mom always says that when a person is drunk they say what they feel but would never have the nerve to say sober.
    I think this is true of most people.
    Hope you have a great weekend panda!
  5. michelle 1:10 am, August 13, 2006
    hey P
    feel better soon
    I'm leaving for St John's tuesday and will be computerless until Sept!

    ciao
  6. Olivia 1:30 pm, August 13, 2006
    Pandy - ummm who's a naughty girlie then?
    How long does it take for you to get over a hangover?

    I've got a bit drunk with Diva and that lot, but haven't yet had a hangover. Terrified of them.

    I think that's true, Youngmum!
    I have an uncle who is not very talkative (what's the word? Not terse, another one), but once he's had some rum, he talks to me about all the things people usually do about life and work and family.
  7. michelle 3:06 pm, August 14, 2006
    I will miss u panda!!!!!!
  8. panda_eyed 4:57 pm, August 14, 2006
    Thanks Pieces - I had the weekend to recover and feel much much better now! :)

    YummyM, yep I think that's true. I'm just glad I saw the true colours in time. I hope you had a great weekend too youngmum x

    Oh Jia, I'll miss you too! I don't know how I'd cope without a computer! Hope you can log on at a 'net cafe and let us know how you're doing! xx

    Livvy, it took me all of Friday to get over it. I rarely drink enough to get hung over becuase of my light-weightedness! I was fine on Saturday morning though, thank goodness. Needless to say, I didn't get much work done on Friday at all - that's the company's own fault though, huh? :)
  9. Olivia 1:41 pm, August 15, 2006
    Hehe, yes it is...

    JL is going today :(
  10. Anonymous 3:32 pm, August 15, 2006
    You must be feeling better now!

    Good idea to have the alcohol fuelled chats and to find out more about the people you are going to be working with. Puts you in a very superior position! I can't remember the last time I was drunk....oh...hang on... think I just had a flashback and it wasn't pretty!
  11. panda_eyed 4:40 pm, August 15, 2006
    Lol Feathers, you make me giggle. I'm glad you're back! I am feeling lots better now, ta!

    Aww Liv, JL will be back soon. I'll miss her too. You must give me her email add btw!
  12. Anonymous 5:11 pm, August 15, 2006
    Wow, it's like watching LA Law or something, all the backstabbing and espionage! Or maybe I'm getting carried away but I shall remain thinking of your working life as deeply glamorous panda! :oD Glad you had a good time and what a celebration that was! Niiice, do they have any vacancies for short brown ladies that nap a lot? LOL xxxx
  13. Anonymous 5:42 pm, August 15, 2006
    I dunno. The last time I was at an "office" function, seeing my co-workers drunk and baudy was just not pretty. Glad you are feeling better :-)
  14. panda_eyed 7:27 pm, August 15, 2006
    Lol Diva, I've never seen LA Law but I'll take your word for it! I'd hire you, if only for your comedy value and lovely-ness alone!

    Nikki, I left just as the bawdyness was beginning - some things you just don't need to see, right? Ooh, I have some evidence of my green-fingers coming up soon - should be up your street!

Something to say?