'What's the point?' and other stories

By panda_eyed
I went to pick up my little sis from the airport last night - her flight was due in at 5.55pm. However, it was close to 11pm before she emerged at arrivals! The bad weather and lightning prevented the plane from landing, and they had to go to Gatwick to refuel before coming back to Heathrow. It was pelting it down!

I went to run a bath last night, and someone had left a bucket in there. I went to take it out, and in the corner of eye, noticed something black in there, about the size of a tennis ball. My first thought was that someone had left a wad of hair in it, but then it MOVED! Eeeeeep! I have never dropped anything as fast as that bucket! Thankfully it landed back into the bath because inside it, was the biggest spider I have ever seen in my entire life! It had legs as thick and as long as pencils* and hairier than my legs in winter**! Imagine I had dropped it on the floor..?? It doesn't even bear thinking about..

Thankfully, there was someone else in the house who wasn't afraid of squishing it (there's no way I would have allowed them to simply throw it out of a window, in case it came back in, or even worse, made huge spider babies!) otherwise I would still be unwashed***! Phew!

Following the discussion about Arabic women on Olivia's blog, here's something to make you giggle on this dreary Friday:

What's the point..?
Now, how do they eat..? *giggles*

* I may be exaggerating slightly, but not by much, 'cos it was HUUUGE!
** No exaggeration here
*** Okay, that's another exaggeration, as there's another shower, but you know what I mean
 

13 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 2:16 pm, July 28, 2006
    hehe panda..glad that the spider s been squashed....can be nasty little buggers cant they..as for the arab women....am sure they do take veil off when they eat!:-)
  2. panda_eyed 2:19 pm, July 28, 2006
    Sppadic, I hope so! When I went to Dubai, I imagined that they would quickly lift up the veil and stuff the food in, but I never found out if that was true, because I didn't see any women eating in public!
    As for that spider.. *shudder* I still have palpitations just thinking about it.
  3. michelle 1:43 am, July 30, 2006
    eww big hairy spider
  4. Olivia 12:58 am, July 31, 2006
    I'm back :)

    haha, I guess you missed the end of that discussion - that they lift the bottom flap on and shove the food in.

    Grrr! Hard work, that is.
  5. panda_eyed 1:31 pm, July 31, 2006
    Jia, It looked just like that! :| I was terrified!

    Yay Liv is back! Was it good? Hope you enjoyed yourself.
    Life the bottom flap and shove it in, even when they're at home? Can't they take it off..?
  6. michelle 1:51 pm, July 31, 2006
    I think they take it off at home
  7. Anonymous 2:07 pm, July 31, 2006
    I love that pic, lol....
  8. Olivia 1:24 am, August 01, 2006
    Oh Panda - The full coverage is only for out of the house.

    OK, have you ever seen Arab women shopping? They are huge consumers of designer stuff (recall the women with Dior bags in the black limo last week) - but designer or no, I have been surprised to note the variety of clothing they buy. They wear nearly anything they want to, but it's for their husband's benefit and in competition with the other women in the family.

    Their fashion show takes place at home, not on the street.
  9. michelle 3:14 pm, August 01, 2006
    hey Pan.

    I just posted some pics of my Friday Ferry Crossing on my Blog
  10. Anonymous 2:53 am, August 02, 2006
    LOL (about the hairy legs in winter)
    And I agree...what's the point??
  11. Anonymous 10:55 am, August 02, 2006
    Eeep and you showed us a big old fat creepy spider too. I hate to tel you this chick but if you squish a spider other spiders sense it and come to find out whats going on. That is why i always get the boy to pop it either down the loo or outta the window.. i dont want any hairy friends coming to play!.. eeeek
  12. panda_eyed 4:09 pm, August 02, 2006
    Hi everyone, ok ok I get that they don't wear it at home (duh me..). In Dubai, I never saw any arabic women eating out, not once!

    I is busy busy busy at work and haven't had a minute to myself outside of work since last week :( I have lots of bitchy things to blog about but they might to come later, if at all. Hope you're all good and fine and well. Lots of love xx
  13. Anonymous 7:36 pm, January 24, 2013
    Thank you a lot for sharing this with all folks [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/sac-de-voyage-pliage-longchamp-c-6.html]Sac De Voyage Pliage Longchamp[/url] you actually know what you are speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also talk over with my site =). Sac En Bandoulière Pliage Longchamp [url=http://www.longchampsacpliage-fr.com/sac-%C3%A0-dos-pliage-longchamp-c-3.html]Sac à Dos Pliage Longchamp[/url] , We will have a hyperlink trade agreement between us!

Something to say?