Yesterday I had a full set of teeth

By panda_eyed
Oh dear, it’s Friday and a lovely day and I can’t be bothered to do any work. I’m feeling a bit low actually. Some of you know I went to the dentist yesterday for a simple filling. I have come away missing half my biggest molar.

My dentist denied I was missing half my tooth until I vehemently insisted it had gone and wasn’t right, then admitted it had broken off but that that was ‘normal’. After my insistence that it wasn’t right, he admitted that he had tried to put a pin in, to try and build the tooth back up again, but that it was ‘impossible’ because I wouldn’t open my mouth wide enough. Well excuuuse me, but try keeping your mouth open at its widest for an hour and a half straight (not the promised half an hour) and see if it’s that easy!

It’s a very shoddy job – I now have a gap between my back molar and wisdom, and my bite sooo isn’t right. I can’t bite my teeth together in order to grind my food properly. Now, as eating is one of my favourite pastimes, this is a huge thing for me. The other is vanity – I know you can’t see it, but I know it’s imperfect, and before yesterday, I hadn’t had a thing done to my teeth before and they were a strong, beautiful set of teeth. I’m almost mourning that tooth.

I know it isn’t the end of the world, but why do I feel like I’ve lost a limb? I have to go back for more fillings apparently – this time on the opposite molar. Even if I do go to another dentist, what if the same thing happens and I’m left with 2 crapped-up molars? I never realised how important they were for chewing before yesterday.. I know I'm probably overreacting but *sob*

Mood: Sad, crabby and in need of tuddles..
 

11 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 1:02 pm, June 09, 2006
    oh poor you.. *sob*.. Hope it feels better soon babe.. *hugs*. And if all else fails get pissed over the weekend then you wont feel it.
    BTW i have finally found you so have added you to my links. ANd i have changed now to sunshine1 not glitterbug or chick.. lol.. I thought if 20six is changing i should too. x
  2. Olivia 1:55 pm, June 09, 2006
    Oh booger...there I was on the verge of signing up with a British dentist, in the face of my childhood memories, and now this!

    Hey, find an American dentist, they'll be properly appalled and fix you right up! :P

    *~*~*tuddles*~*~*
  3. panda_eyed 1:59 pm, June 09, 2006
    Hey Shiny, I might just take you up on that suggestion, get pissed I mean. It doesn't take much though, me being a lightweight and all! I've changed your link, thanks for letting me know! x

    Sorry to put you off Liv - I was thinking of going elsewhere and getting a crown but they are rumoured to be hideously expensive. Still, if it lets me eat! Thanks for the tuddles :)
  4. Anonymous 3:56 pm, June 09, 2006
    Hey honey...
    So sorry your feeling down. That dentist sounds like a real idiot.
    I don't know if a crown is the way to go.. I have never had one but I have heard they are very very painful.
    Big huge HUGS to you honey...
    (( ))
  5. Anonymous 5:07 pm, June 09, 2006
    Oh im a light weight too.. lol. But i can easily down a few glasses of pimm's.. hurrah..
    Hey check oh that lovely Arty.. she has her picci and everything..
    Have a great weekend Panda. xx.x.x.x
  6. Anonymous 7:40 pm, June 09, 2006
    omGOSH! Are you ok? I hear of Brits going abroad to Hungary for dental surgury....ekkk...r u ok? need anything? a hug?
  7. Anonymous 7:41 pm, June 09, 2006
    ummm I can give u tuddles???
  8. panda_eyed 1:53 pm, June 12, 2006
    Hey, hope you guys had a great weekend!

    Youngmummy - eeek.. you've put me off now, I'm very scared of pain! Thanks for the hugs, they are muh appreciated!

    Sunshine - I had a good weekend, ta v much, hope you did too! Mmm Pimms.. I didn't have any of that, but I did have some Sangria, which is equally as delicious! :D

    Jia - Thanks for the tuddles sweetie, they were v comforting! I'm okay, slowly getting used to eating with half a tooth. Still feels funny though, because my bite is still slightly misaligned but maybe I'll get used to that too..
  9. Anonymous 4:46 pm, June 12, 2006
    Panda, could u help me? Do u know any Graphic designers? I am applying for a grant and I need some info from a desginer...like wages, job title, where they work, hours they work, do they enjoy it, is it boring, the employers name and title...

    if you could help me I will give u manny tuddles
  10. Olivia 10:41 pm, June 12, 2006
    How are you? I need to reply to your email but I also need to have a snack and fix my CV to resend to the agent I saw today, and blah...my time management sucks, but don't tell anyone...
    xxx
  11. Anonymous 9:46 pm, June 20, 2006
    Hey, can't you sue the dentist or something?

Something to say?