I'm not a hypochondriac, honest

Category: By panda_eyed
I haven’t been around a great deal recently, because I’ve been feeling quite awful lately, especially these last few days.

I had blood taken yesterday, so they can try and figure out what’s wrong with me. The nurse was a mean, heavy-handed woman who hurt me a lot and got blood all down my arm :,(

I’ve had so many recurrent infections/colds/viruses/throat infections, pretty much since I was 11, but recently it’s gotten ridiculous. And after each bout of illness, I feel horribly achy in every single one of my muscles (even on my skin), overwhelmingly exhausted, dizzy, tired, fuzzy-headed, sensitivity to changing temperature, my joints ache, and my mood swings are terrible. Most people recover from a sore throat within a few days – my record is 3 and a half weeks of feeling terrible. To be honest, I’d just put all of this down to having a weaker immune than most, but at 23 years old, can it really be that bad??

It’s been worrying me for a while but after this recent bout of symptoms (this time appearing suddenly out of nowhere), I can’t accept that it’s just because I have a fragile immune system, and decided to have something done about it. I don’t want to speculate on what could be causing this, but it’s so hard not to. It’ll be such a relief if they find something, but at the same time, I hate thinking that there could be something wrong. I’m kinda scared! Fingers crossed for my test results now :s

Sorry to have turned this into a hypochondriacal rant – it was never meant to be! On a brighter note, I have finally finished my editing training and have started editing! Yay!
 

13 comments so far.

  1. Olivia 4:48 pm, June 15, 2006
    It is bad of me to speculate, sorry - but it sounds a bit like M.E. - our dear Diva has it and so does my landlady.

    I hope the docs can knock out the nasty buggers!

    xxx
  2. Anonymous 8:56 pm, June 15, 2006
    You might be right Olivia, it might be ME. My nephew also just found it he has it.
  3. Anonymous 9:10 pm, June 15, 2006
    M.E? my mother has Lupis and in the beginning it starts like that...then agian lupis is a desease of many deseases
  4. Anonymous 9:11 pm, June 15, 2006
    I hope u are better soon panda
  5. Anonymous 9:12 pm, June 15, 2006
    Well I have chronic Asthma and after 7 yrs of it being in remission it decided to rear its ugly head...again

    I also have a heart murmer...
  6. Olivia 11:36 pm, June 15, 2006
    Jia Li - I briefly considered lupus, but it's more debilitating and manifest more symptoms than M.E.

    They tell me I have a heart murmur too as a result of Mitral Valve Prolapse which in itself is a disorder of the autonomic nervous system, so lots of annoying symptoms. It's funny how often I forget to connect all these stupid complaints I get, like anxiety, fatigue, heart flutters, bruising, headaches (!)...
  7. panda_eyed 10:18 am, June 16, 2006
    I considered ME and Lupus too, but these symptoms are typical of so many things that it's hard to say really.
    At the moment, I think they're testing for anaemia, blood inflammation and hypothyroidism.
    I think the Dr had some ideas on what it could be but wouldn't share them with me. I don't blame him really, I'm paranoid enough as it is!

    Jia, I hope your asthma clears up soon, or becomes easier to manage at least!
    Liv, Gosh I didn't know heart murmurs were so common! How is it diagnosed?
    and Boso, I didn't know ME was so common either - I was told it was very rare and not usually found in children either. Poor little nephew xx

    Thanks for the get well wishes everyone, hope you're enjoying the lovely weather today xx
  8. Olivia 12:21 am, June 17, 2006
    There are all types of murmurs, some purely physical ones are not related to MVP. They happen more commonly in women...one in five, I think.

    It is often suspected when the doc listens to your heart and hears a characteristic click, which is the valve misfitting.

    Yes, seriously, there could be some really simple easily remedied cause for your symptoms.

    have a great weekend xx
    i fallin asleep and haven't blogged about my day at work...
  9. Anonymous 2:27 am, June 17, 2006
    I have had a lovely day

    check out my page for piccies more pics and more pics for tomorrow
  10. Anonymous 8:53 am, June 17, 2006
    oh no chick.. your poorly. Please look after yourself and dont over do it. *big huggles*
  11. Olivia 10:53 pm, June 20, 2006
    Miss you round, Panda!
  12. Anonymous 3:11 am, June 21, 2006
    hey panda,
    sorry I missed this entry. I really hope your feeling better and that they figure out what the problem is soon.
    maybe it is nothing at all, just a bit of a virus *crosses fingers, and toes and eye's*
  13. panda_eyed 1:25 pm, June 21, 2006
    Hey Liv, thanks, I had a 'k weekend. Didn't do much, just trying to rest! Aww, it's nice to be missed, ta! x

    Jia, thanks honey. I like your pics, esp the paintings. Keep up the good work. I would love to do more painting and drawing, but have yet to find the time! x

    Thank you too Sunnygirl, I'm a little bit better this week. Hope you aren't too stressed with all of the wedding and party plans! x

    Lol Youngmummy, you can uncross everything now, they don't think there's anything serious. Thanks though! Hope everythings cool with you, I'll be over to yours in a mo' :) x

Something to say?