The Case of the Disappearing Teaspoons

By panda_eyed
It was a great weekend! I saw Guys and Dolls – it was fantastic… I had cake and champagne and lovely meals out, walkies down the Thames, etc., etc., I won’t bore you! I’m very tired, but happy.

If you’ve ever worked in an office, you’ll know how frustrating it is to find that, yet again, all the teaspoons have disappeared. This has given me a giggle – a scientific study investigating the rate of disappearing teaspoons in the workplace. It’s a real paper, published in the BMJ! It’s rare to find scientists with a good sense of humour, so this is brilliant – I love how they even include a picture of a teaspoon (just in case you didn't know) and have proper graphs and everything. The conclusion is sarcastically excellent and reflects how in most papers, scientists can draw the most ridiculous conclusions from stupid data. But the best bit is the summing up sentence:

"Finally, we suggest that the development of effective control measures against the loss of teaspoons should be a priority on national research agendas. "

Lol..
 

16 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 3:27 pm, May 31, 2006
    hey panda, you don't know me but I saw ur comment on Arty's blong, so I though I would check out ur blog and see if your blog was there yet!

    :)
  2. Anonymous 3:27 pm, May 31, 2006
    omg, I just noticed. I said arty's blong...hehehe...blog I mean
  3. panda_eyed 5:01 pm, May 31, 2006
    Hey Jia, Lol @ ‘blong’! For a sec, I thought that was deliberate and was some sort of new slang that I hadn’t picked up yet.. :| Ta for checking it out for me!
  4. Anonymous 9:25 pm, May 31, 2006
    I can see the 'blong' too, does this make me special? ;o) I'm going to say it does, just for the fun of it! Woohoo! ;oD
    My cutlery has a habit of disappearing together at certain times, like forks, most of them just upped and left one week and then after I bought four new ones they all came back again, same with teaspoons, they went a few times and then I bought new ones and they all materialised again, overflowing the cutlery tray. Tis a strange one that, maybe each kitchen place has a Bermuda Triangle for kitchenware, or they all bog off and then when I buy new stuff they get jealous and come back again. Or maybe these crazy ideas mean that I'm just a bit too 'special' *cough* Oh well :o) xxxxx
  5. Olivia 11:32 pm, May 31, 2006
    Diva you made me cry that was so funny! xxxx

    *wipes eyes and gets down to actually answering Panda's post*

    Wonder why it went in the BMJ and not in the...well, whatever the psych one is here.

    An email went round the office today regarding two "very expensive plates" that have gone missing from the staff kitchen. Nice kitchen. Still, surprised they'd use "very expensive plates".

    P.S. I write a "blong". Yes I do.
    xxx
  6. panda_eyed 2:54 pm, June 01, 2006
    Lol you two, you both make me giggle lots. Diva, I bet Dog made off with them and then felt guilty when you bought more :)

    Whilst I can understand missing teaspoons, what would people want with plates?! Can you imagine walking out of the office with 2 dinner plates in your handbag, no matter how expensive they are? People are weird - or just dirty - if they're still sitting on someone's desk.

    In other news, the day is dragging on like no other and my throat hurts :(

    Not many people have 'blonged' today, hmm
  7. Anonymous 2:57 pm, June 01, 2006
    Just popped in to say hello! ...
    Hello!
  8. panda_eyed 3:00 pm, June 01, 2006
    Hello! Would you like a cuppa tea and a biccie whilst you're here? Could do with the company, am rather bored today :)
  9. panda_eyed 3:03 pm, June 01, 2006
    Hiya MM - I liked your post today, though it made me broody!
  10. Seema 4:00 pm, June 02, 2006
    V. good kiddo, if my teaspoons go missing i look in my flatmates kitchen cupboards, they've usually picked them up by "accident"! yeah....as if i wouldnt notice! Do you remember the fuss that was caused by anal's cutlery going missing! LOL! Didnt know whether to laugh or be disgusted that she'd accuse us!
  11. panda_eyed 4:13 pm, June 02, 2006
    I remember (for the benefit of everyone else, 'Anal' is the nickname of one of our old flatmates who was strangely enough, an anal retentive and a right bitch)! I certainly did not steal her pound-shop cutlery, but I did bend one of her forks into a weird formation when she was really mean to me once. Ha! Panda shows her evil side... muhahaha..
  12. Olivia 10:55 pm, June 02, 2006
    I haven't "blonged" all week - well, on 20six I did a couple of mobile phone blogs which did not show up.

    (Starting this evening, 20six will be offline until Sunday while it finally switches platforms. Thankfully I have my dear old Blogger blog!)

    Wish I could have been around while you were bored earlier - I will reply to your email when I settle in to do my own thing this weekend ;)
  13. Anonymous 7:13 am, December 12, 2006
    Best regards from NY!
    » » »
  14. Anonymous 6:26 pm, December 26, 2012
    So whether or not you are skiing in the frozen Alps, walking by way of windy Chicago, riding a camel within the [url=http://www.northfaceclearancesales.org]cheap north face jackets[/url] , or backpacking while in the Cordilleras, a jacket from North Confront is the best way to accentuate your wardrobe. Simple and classy, stylish and resilient, a multi-purpose jacket to suit your each and every have to have.Make your sporting [url=http://www.northfaceclearancesales.org]north face clearance[/url] safe and sound and safe. Go to Only Hike to see a substantial collection of North Facial area jackets, sweaters, footwear, as well as other sports tools.
  15. Anonymous 1:24 pm, December 27, 2012
    So what will this fantastic engineering cost? Um..... Perfectly, the electric-heated jacket is set at around $, and the gloves at, ahem, $, but what is the real [url=http://www.northfaceclearancesales.org/mens-north-face-denali-fleece-jacket-clearance-in-red-p-367.html]cheap north face denali[/url] of incomparable warmth within the rugged outside? The technologies is generally improving, and we know how diligently North Deal with [url=http://www.northfaceclearancesales.org/womens-north-face-denali-jackets-c-97_102.html]north face denali clearance[/url] their labwork, so chances are their electric tech is only heading up from here.
  16. Anonymous 2:15 pm, December 27, 2012
    Looking for North Facial area jackets on sale? Quite a few [url=http://www.northfacejacketsdiscounted.org]discount north face jackets[/url] all over the globe are searching for these jackets. Individuals appear for superb offers and charges for this item that is why I wrote this article to inform [url=http://www.northfacejacketsdiscounted.org]discount north face jackets[/url] about buying truly superb promotions.Why is that this products so well known all over the world?

Something to say?