Small but amazing

Category: , By panda_eyed
The best things come in little packages -- that's true of many things: chocolate, babies, hugs, a text from a friend that makes you smile.

I've been a smiley thing recently because I'm learning to ignore the bigger things that get me down and just concentrate on the smaller, seemingly insignificant things, like taking a relaxing bubble bath, having a good natter on the phone, having a dance when a favourite song comes on the radio, having a good old giggle. In life, you have to take pleasure from those small things, especially when, like me, you have ME/CFS.


I wanted to show you something that made me smile recently -- look ------->

See that teeny tiny little shoot? That's the first germinated seed of my batch of chilli seeds, and one day, that tiny little seed will become a plant and bear fruit. It's amazing when you think about it -- that something as small as this vulnerable little shoot will grow to become a big strong plant. It reminds me of the fragility of life and proves that with a little determination, even the weakest can become strong. That's the beauty of this world, and the same thought strikes me when I hold my tiny little nephew in my arms.

That's my thought for the day anyway, but I shall leave you with a picture of another very small creature -- this time, a tiny crab that we found on the rocky beach of an island just off Hong Kong, where I went at Christmas. Doesn't nature just fill you with awe?


*edit* By the way, it's pancake (shrove) Tuesday today, so don't forget to get flipping tonight! Yum!

 

11 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 2:11 pm, February 05, 2008
    Nice post my dear! But how the heck could you hold that crab??? EEEKKKKK!
  2. panda_eyed 2:13 pm, February 05, 2008
    Thanks, MM! I didn't - that's my dad's hand, lol! xxx
  3. Anonymous 5:01 pm, February 05, 2008
    Yay for your tiny tiny sprout! I'm really really behind in my seed sprouting. Woefully behind. But you give me hope.
  4. Anonymous 5:41 pm, February 05, 2008
    Too true Pandy! It is often the little things in life that have the biggest impact.
    It is amazing to think what a speck of a seed does in such a short time.
    I've already flipped!
  5. panda_eyed 5:45 pm, February 05, 2008
    Nikki, the amazing thing is that I took that pic this morning, and 7 hours later, it's already doubled in size!
    It's still early days for seed sprouting yet, sweetie! xxx

    Yay for flipping, Flighty! I'm going to flip in a bit too! (Lol, what a bizarre convo..) I like mine classic with sugar and a squeeze of lemon - mmmm! :D xxx
  6. Anonymous 9:54 pm, February 05, 2008
    What the flip, that's how I like mine as well! xx
  7. Olivia 12:13 am, February 06, 2008
    Oh flippin eck! Pikelets don't count as pancakes do they, they're just flat crumpets? Oh well, that's the best I can do this week.

    I don't know what box my chili seeds are hidden in...LOL

    Cute lil crabbie!

    xoxoxoxoxoxox
  8. Olivia 12:14 am, February 06, 2008
    Ooh have you started germinating your bulbs yet?
  9. Anonymous 2:02 am, February 06, 2008
    Awwwwww liddle tiny shoot and baby crab! That's so sweet! :o) I know one tiny baby who was glad to put a smile on your face as you put some huge gummy ones on his! :oD
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  10. LadyHAHA 5:36 am, February 06, 2008
    not to be total cheese on a stick but i am literally in awe of life when i see the munchkin. to think my husband and i decided to have her and bam! there's a little person with a personality and everything.

    so crazy.

    as far as plants or anything of that sort, i kill em' off before the week is true so i'm in awe that you got something to grow!! haha!
  11. panda_eyed 5:48 pm, February 06, 2008
    Lol, loving the word play, Flighty :) My pancakes were okay - not great though! Am slightly disappointed! Shall try again next yr! :) xxx

    Livs, what are pikelets? I didn't miss your pun either ;) Ooh, find the chillies, Liv, then we can compare! :) And yes, bulbs are germinating too! I shall take a pic when they flower - think it'll be soon at this rate! xxx

    Divababe, Happy birthday sweetness! Woo! Hope you're having the best day! Aww, bless that tiny little bub of yours - he's sop adorably gorgeous! xxx

    Hi Elaine! I've seen pics of the Munchkin, and I agree she is ke-yute! Kids are amazing :) So you can keep a Munchkin happy and well, but not a plant? :) xxx

Something to say?