Here I am again

Category: By panda_eyed
Less than two weeks after I packed up my blogging keyboard, here I am again. I miss it - writing down my random thoughts, having the occasional rant, wasting work-time :) I stopped because I didn't really have anything of consequence to say - who really cares about my boring little life? It was also starting to become a bit of a chore, and there's no point in doing something unless you enjoy doing it, right? And yet, here I am again.

Yep, I've missed this little place. I started blogging back in May last year, mostly because I was bored in my job, and wanted to somewhere to put my thoughts. I'm glad I did, because I've made many friends; you're all very dear to me now :) I used to be very cynical, but you guys have proved that there are lots of nice, genuine people out there, and I'm glad that blogging has opened up this world to me.

So I guess my little stint away from blogging has been harder than I thought it would be. I have found myself smiling at something and thinking 'I could blog about that', and automatically structuring a sentence in my head to describe it. So I guess it's actually harder for me NOT to blog, rather than just waffle away every now and again.

So it's got me thinking I guess. Why do you blog? What made you start, and what keeps you going? And who is reading this? Stop and say hi!
 

13 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 3:13 pm, January 30, 2007
    starting blogging for fun at first, was just doing it to pass time. Then I discovered 20six, and I fell in love with the community there. When it all fell apart, I decided to spend some money and set up m y own domain, which was not as hared as I thought, although I'm going to need to justify the need when the bills come for next year !!
  2. panda_eyed 3:34 pm, January 30, 2007
    Hiya Boso! The communities on 26 and 27 are really great, even embracing a blogger baby like me :) I started on blogger because 20six was going through those 'changes', otherwise I'd have been over there too.
    I like your domain Boso, there's your justification ;)
  3. Olivia 4:22 pm, January 30, 2007
    Pandy, you're back to blogging! *tuddles*
    You're such a sweetheart, I'm glad you're with us.

    I do that too, come across a situation which I assemble in my head and then come home and blog about.

    I started blogging to avoid writing individual emails or impersonal newsletters to friends scattered across the globe. Then, it turned out that even if they do read it, they don't comment, and we do just fine emailing or phoning anyway.

    But I kept blogging because absolute strangers started commenting, and it was thrilling to share thoughts with people who supported me, debated with me, and enriched my life.

    Quite often, in the worst times, bloggers have been there for me at moments when real life friends were out of reach.

    I can't stop and there will be very little reason why I should.

    And Pandy, the unique thing about blogging is that when we become faithful readers of someone's blog, we even enjoy reading their waffle as much as their deep thoughts or funny stories.

    Often when I've thought I had nothing to blog, I've written people's favourites, which goes to prove you're never short of a good blog.

    Lots of love and see you soon.
    xxx

    P.S. The Panda in the teacup is just adorable! You've chosen the best mascot.
  4. Anonymous 6:55 pm, January 30, 2007
    I don't really know why I blog except that I enjoy doing it. If I didn't I wouldn't do it.
    I started after reading blogs for a while and thought I'd give it a go. Little did I realise what I was letting myself in for, but it's now become very much part of my everyday life.
    I agree with what Olivia says about it.
    Love the teacup panda!
  5. Anonymous 11:26 pm, January 30, 2007
    hi!

    :P
  6. panda_eyed 1:16 pm, January 31, 2007
    Hey Liv! Yep, I'm back! I missed it more than I realised.

    I love how easy it is to make friends and get to know someone through blogging. You often feel close to people you barely know, and the support that bloggers give each other is really great.

    I liked your line: 'it was thrilling to share thoughts with people who supported me, debated with me, and enriched my life'. That sums it up perfectly!

    *****************

    Flighty, I like that you have a clear theme in your blog, and that I learn something new or find something interesting every time I visit! Glad you like the teacup panda :)

    *****************

    Jia, Hi! Aww, I heart you too! Hehe.. Long time no see! Send me an email and let me know what you're up to! panda_eyed_panda@yahoo.co.uk
    xxx
  7. Anonymous 8:58 pm, January 31, 2007
    I thought you'd gone into a food/shopping induced coma after that HK trip! Glad you're back and sharing your thoughts.

    I originally started posting pics and text of Vietnamese recipes I knew (precious few at that) for an American friend who'd just adopted a Vietnamese girl (8 years old at the time). I refused to call it a proper blog because I was using it as a webpage.

    About the time I realized my friend was so computer-not-interested (she's not computer-illiterate; just lacks sufficient interest!), I was starting a big relandscaping project. So I started a category to chronicle the process. There you have it.
  8. panda_eyed 12:57 pm, February 01, 2007
    Lol Nikki, I almost did go into a food-induced coma! It's nice to be back :)

    I like hearing about why people started their blogs. I didn't realise your kitchen category came first! It's one of my faves because you take such beautiful pics and make such wonderful food!

    Oh, have you seen this site:
    videojug.com? It shows you videos of how to make different things. I think you might find it interesting!
  9. Anonymous 8:11 pm, February 02, 2007
    Hi sweetie,
    Sorry I have not been around to visit latley. Everyone was sick and this week I have been sick so it's been nothing but the couch and klenex for me ;o)
    I started blogging because Mylozmom showed me hers and I was in a bad mood one day and wanted to get it out of my system. I started on 20six and the next day I read the comments from people that I didn't even know, I was so touched that they would write such nice things that I was hooked. I never looked back. I love 27 just as much as I did 26 so I am sure I'll be there for a while.
    Don't stop blogging honey, I'd miss you too much.
    Take care and drop me an email some time.
    xoxoxo
  10. PinkPanther 12:11 pm, February 03, 2007
    Well, that's why we are all here to say "hi" and share some ideas with you Panda_eyed ;-)

    Keep it on!!!!!!

    I started blog since last July 2006 and I did learn a lot from other's blog-pal, their stories, deep thought and some other country's culture.
  11. Anonymous 5:42 pm, February 05, 2007
    Just came across this site and thought you might enjoy some additional HK adventures.

    http://sourcreamtimbits.blogspot.com/2006/07/arrived-hong-kong.html
  12. panda_eyed 1:03 pm, February 08, 2007
    Hey Youngmum, sorry to hear you've been sick, hope you're on the mend now.
    It touches me too, the love and support that bloggers give each other. That's possibly the best thing about blogging.
    Get well soon honey, and I shall be in touch :) xxx

    Pinkpanther, I agree totally, I get a bigger perspective of the world by blogging. It's cool that you're on the other side of the world, and yet our worlds still intertwine! xxx

    Nikki, cheers my dear, I shall be having a little looksie later. Thanks for thinking of me! xxx
  13. Anonymous 2:45 pm, January 16, 2008
    I started blogging as a sort of mind dump area, now I am a lot more sporadic than I used to be, but I feel guilty if I don't do it for a while :)

Something to say?