Shiny

By panda_eyed


Since I last posted I:
  • have been playing with my spangly new phone (Sony Ericsson w850i) - ooh shiny!
  • have been playing with my new stereo - it has DAB radio, an MP3 port and feeel that bass, baby!
  • have been half-blind with blurry vision and headaches - until I realised that I'd actually forgotten to take out my contact lenses and had just put new ones in - 2 days running..
  • felt extremely silly in a team meeting when I inhaled deeply and swallowed my chewing gum, making a squeaky noise thinking I was choking and causing everyone to look at me.
  • had a delicious lobster dinner - mmm, mmm, mmm..
  • bought tickets to see Joe at the Brixton academy even though it cleared out the rest of my funds in the bank account. Pay day is 10 days away.
  • have booked 2 and a half days off work for things like christmas shopping. With my overdraft I guess..
  • started making a list of all the pirate DVDs I must buy from HK - good films that have been released this year. I can't think of very many - what do you guys suggest?
    • Pirates of the Carribean2
    • Da vinci code
    • Memoirs of a geisha
    • The break up
    • Ice age 2
    • Pride & prejudice
    • The devil wears Prada
    • X men 3

 

20 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 10:54 pm, November 20, 2006
    Hey, that is a brilliant looking phone !! Me jealous !!!
  2. michelle 11:54 pm, November 20, 2006
    nice phone...
  3. michelle 11:56 pm, November 20, 2006
    hey pandy...what are good vit's to take, vit C any others???
  4. Anonymous 9:00 am, November 21, 2006
    Ooh! Pretty phone and stereo! I did giggle at you swallowing your gum..I've done that way too often!!

    Who's Joe? The only one I can think of is very handsome but I can't think of any songs he's done?

    Ooh! 'The Break Up', 'Pirates 2', X-Men 3...erm..I can't think of any others at mo but will come back to you on that!xx
  5. panda_eyed 9:57 am, November 21, 2006
    Boso, isn't it?? I love it to bits :D

    Thanks JL. Vit C should always be taken with vit D&E, otherwise your body can't absorb it. Vit B complex is good for energy levels, zinc & vit A are good for immune system and flu/colds. They only really work to fight off colds if you take them regularly, so it's good to take multivitamins if you know you don't get everything in your diet. Lots of fluids and fresh fruit juice will have you as right as rain in no time though xx

    Ames, I did giggle too, afterwards, hehe.. so silly..
    I've added a link to Joe on the main post - I can't think if he's released any music in the UK recently, apart from 'Stutter' a few yrs ago. He dueted with Mariah on 'Whenever you call'. He has a voice like melted chocolate..
    Ooh, thanks for the movie suggestions too - I've put them up, along with the few others I'd like to see!
  6. Anonymous 1:02 pm, November 21, 2006
    Ooh I forgot to comment yesterday.

    Lovely phone, it's the next model to mine. Cool us eh?

    Ow about the contacts - were those two contacts on top of each other?
    Have you ever lost one on your eyeball and how did you get it back?

    I saw Geisha this weekend, did you read about it? Oh darn, I actually ... what the hey, I went on about Cock & Bull Story and didn't review Geisha....hm...

    Chica, you live at home and you ran out of money! What about if you needed to get your own place?
  7. panda_eyed 1:18 pm, November 21, 2006
    Livvy, cool us :)

    Yep, 2 lenses on top of each other. I don't know why I didn't realise, although I thought my eyes were a bit dry! I hate losing contacts. You have to pull your eyelid back and look quickly the other way when that happens. It's horrible. Worse is when they rip in your eye and there are bits floating around. It's excruciating!

    Ooh, was Geisha good? I'm reading 'Geisha of Gion' at the mo, written by Mineko Iwasaki - the women who's experience Arthur Golden kinda based the book on. She later sued him for not keeping her identity secret, then published her own memoirs. It's not that great so far - quite disjointed accounts, and I'm not sure they lead anywhere. I think something was lost in translation.

    Yep, I ran out of money living at home :| I did spend an awful lot this month, but in my defence, I've been saving up for a while, and finally bought an ISA, which has cleared me out. I will be financially back to normal by the end of the month!
  8. Anonymous 6:53 pm, November 21, 2006
    Oh yes! That's who I thought it was..he's VERY pretty!

    Ooh and Devil Wears Prada! YES YES YES!! LOVE that film!!
  9. michelle 11:01 pm, November 21, 2006
    Thanks!
  10. Anonymous 4:12 am, November 22, 2006
    Hey Pandy... Sorry I missed a couple of your posts. Your trip to Hong Kong sounds so fab!! I hope you have a GREAT time!!

    Boy you have been a busy girl. I love you new phone... very fancy ;o)
  11. Anonymous 11:00 am, November 22, 2006
    ooh new stuff and it isnt even christmas yet.. Hurrah
  12. Anonymous 3:39 pm, November 22, 2006
    Oh I've just read Livvys comment. I am permanently skint despite living at home! I will never move out..well hopefully next year sometime but I really am going to have to budget like a crazy person and not spend a penny!!

    I wish I had either rich parents or a rich partner or a fantastically paid job.
  13. michelle 8:45 pm, November 22, 2006
    hey pandy, saw a doc, may have mono or an viral infection of the spleen or liver
  14. Anonymous 6:54 pm, November 23, 2006
    Wow! look at your phone! I still have a Nokia Brick... due an update.
    Ice Age 2 is soooo funny. I laughed harder than the kids. Hope you are well honey! xx
  15. panda_eyed 10:31 am, November 24, 2006
    Ames, I sooo wanted to see DWPrada, but no one would go with me! I will buy it and not let anyone else see it, the meanies! :)
    Yes, Joe is pretty :D

    Jia, poor you.. I'm sorry to hear it and I really hope you feel so much better soon. Take care of yourself, and follow doctor's orders, k? x

    Youngmum! Yay, HK! 3 and a half weeks left before I go! It never really feels like christmas until I'm there. They make such a big deal out of it - it's bigger than it is in the UK!

    Sunny, I know, bad aren't I? I spent eeeven more mony yesterday.. *looks guilty*

    Ames, don't we all. OR win the lottery big-stylee. *wishes*

    Feather, lol, maybe you'll get a new one for Christmas! Ooh, I can't wait to see Ice Age2! I've been wanting too for sooo long! Hehe, it's nice to know I'm not the only big kid around here! :)
  16. Anonymous 12:43 pm, November 24, 2006
    Oh! How mean that noone would go see that with you! Crazy people cos it was SO good!

    Yes I am going to start buying scratch cards and hopefully win big onthose! Or start gambling..that's pretty much win win right?!!
  17. Anonymous 1:05 pm, November 24, 2006
    I want to see DWPrada, I'm just too lazy to go to the cinema, and again no one I know has time for it.
  18. Anonymous 1:41 pm, November 24, 2006
    Girls! There's always time to go see DWPrada! Lordy...when (if) i move 'daan saaf' (that's down south), I shall force you all to come to the cinema with me AT LEAST twice a month! Oh yes! It'll be brutal..although you won't have to talk to me for 2 whole hours!
  19. Anonymous 1:41 pm, November 24, 2006
    Girls! There's always time to go see DWPrada! Lordy...when (if) i move 'daan saaf' (that's down south), I shall force you all to come to the cinema with me AT LEAST twice a month! Oh yes! It'll be brutal..although you won't have to talk to me for 2 whole hours!
  20. Anonymous 1:42 pm, November 24, 2006
    Oh poo pants! Can you delete one of those comments and then this one cos I didn't mean to post twice!

Something to say?